In the beginning
Hey! I thought we could dive right in - I'm here to share my experience and my thoughts on parenting. Every great moment and how rewarding it can be, all the struggles from sleepless nights to tantrums and all the scary changes that come with age :)
I think I'll start by touching on one of scariest parts of parenting - the beginning. Pregnancy is like marmite - you either love it or hate it - it can be such a rewarding and loving experience, it builds bonds and is the start of an incredible love! But for others it can be a really negative experience (like mine). I really didn't enjoy pregnancy, I found it uncomfortable, I didn't bond with my bumb, I didn't feel connected nor did I interact with it... I can't explain how horrible I felt, it felt like I had failed even before actually starting! It was horrid and because I didn't fit what I believed was the norm of joyful and happy about my bump I hid it, I didn't speak to anyone and I didnt even search up about it in case the results made me feel worse.
Guys and gals, I WISH i searched. It is more than normal to feel how I felt, more than normal to not bond with your bump or to bond with the first and not the second vice versa and ect. To not feel confident talking to or interacting with the bump directly. It's just as good to listen to music you like out loud or have a conversation with other people or to yourself as the bump can hear the music and your voice all the same without you actively aiming it at your bump!! Gosh it's strange my bubba doesn't hate my singing!
Pregnancy is different for everyone from outlook to physical experience, not all pregnancies are expected and not everyone is over joyed at the news of it, however the best advice I can give you is to keep your chin up because there are so many people feeling what you feel or felt what you felt positive or negative and the best thing you can do is create positivity from connection whether that's from sharing positive experiences or connecting and supporting through negative ones. Mums net was a god send and Facebook groups helped a friend of mine. SHARE your experience good and bad because someone will connect with you... Trust me!
I'd like to end this with a friendly reminder that this is my experience I'm sharing to try and help people who are going through what I went through or who went through it already :D
Please comment, ask questions I'll be writing loads more, so much advice and opinions and I'll be addressing questions from you too!
Comments
Post a Comment